Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

10.10.2002

Although not the most profound poems of my life, they tell part of the story...and show that oh so sappy side of me that I thought had gone away. Yes, its true, I have a crush, and yes, I have thought of doing something about it, however fear fills my mind and causes me to do nothing, therefore I sit and wait and write sappy poems...

***********************************

I’ve been holding back
This feeling inside
Keeping it a secret
Hiding it in the recesses of my mind.

It’s driving me crazy
It’s all I can think about
So here it goes
I’m going to let it all out.

I like you
You are my sun, my moon, and every star
And all I want right now
Is to be everywhere you are

You are sweet and funny
You are gentle and kind
When I think of the perfect guy
You always come to mind

I’ve been dying to tell you
But at the same time I’ve been full of fear
I’ve needed to tell you this for so long
All I want is to have you near.

I can be the twinkle in your eye
I can be your rainbow in the sky
I can be all you’ve ever wanted in a girl
Please, just let me be part of your world.

*****************************************************

With just one whisper from your lips
You make all the pain disappear
With just one smile from your mouth
I know I have nothing to fear

With just one kiss from you to me
I feel like I’m flying
With just one hug from your arms
I always stop crying

With just one word
I fell for you
With just one glance
I knew

With just one moment
You know exactly what to say
With just one step
You make the sadness go away

With just one chance
I knew your feelings were true
With just one life
I want to spend every moment with you.