Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

5.07.2005

WARNING: female ranting about how fucked up guys are. if you don't want to see an Amanda bitter rant, don't read what's below. (Can't say I didn't warn ya)

An incident happened recently where a friend's boyfriend said something to her that was insulting and demeaning and she let it slide. And I realized he says stuff like that to her all the time and she just ignores it.

Then I watched an episode of Oprah with Lela Rochan (she used to be married to Mike Tyson) about emotional abuse and realized we have all dealt with it. Do you know how many fucked up things guys say and do on a daily basis that us girls just let slide? Even little stuff that may not be construed as emotional abuse but if these incidents are repeated over and over can add up. Like when Laurie was in a class and was using a big machine for a project and a guy told her she wouldn't be able to do it because she's a girl.

And I was thinking, why do we women put up with this? And then I was talking to another friend and she is having problems with her boyfriend and earlier that day he had yelled at her and made her cry then just left. And she said she was thinking of breaking up with him but she would rather be with him and deal with the highs and the lows then have nothing at all. Is that what it comes down to? Being alone is that scary to us that we would rather deal with assholes? And I know these guys can be sweet when they want to, but when it comes down to it, is that enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home