Sam : OK, so... I lie. I mean, I'm weird, man. About completely random stuff too, I don't even know why. It's like a tick or something, you know? Sometimes I'll hear myself say something and think to myself, "Wow, that wasn't even REMOTELY true." (Garden State)
Has this ever happened to you? The other day in class I was talking with a Professor before class one day (its a seminar so there's only 8 of us, so she chats with us before class, so don't worry, I wasn't sucking up or anything). Anyway she was asking me if this class was helpful for me deciding on what to write my history thesis on. I said yeah its given me some great ideas (lie). Then she asks when I'm going to take my thesis class and I said I'm taking one now (true) but I'm thinking of taking two (total lie, not even REMOTELY true). She says that I'm quite the overachiever. I say well I'm not happy with my thesis (true) now so I want to write another one (lie) to compensate.
See once I started that first lie, I hadda follow through so I wouldn't look like an idiot. But the whole time I'm thinking, wow, that wasn't true at all, why did I say that? I used to do stuff like this all the time, and now it happens occassionally, and I wonder why. What's the point of telling some random white lie, I mean it doesn't hurt anyone, but still, there's no point to it.
Has this ever happened to you? The other day in class I was talking with a Professor before class one day (its a seminar so there's only 8 of us, so she chats with us before class, so don't worry, I wasn't sucking up or anything). Anyway she was asking me if this class was helpful for me deciding on what to write my history thesis on. I said yeah its given me some great ideas (lie). Then she asks when I'm going to take my thesis class and I said I'm taking one now (true) but I'm thinking of taking two (total lie, not even REMOTELY true). She says that I'm quite the overachiever. I say well I'm not happy with my thesis (true) now so I want to write another one (lie) to compensate.
See once I started that first lie, I hadda follow through so I wouldn't look like an idiot. But the whole time I'm thinking, wow, that wasn't true at all, why did I say that? I used to do stuff like this all the time, and now it happens occassionally, and I wonder why. What's the point of telling some random white lie, I mean it doesn't hurt anyone, but still, there's no point to it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home