
Heathers is the Mean Girls of the 80's (although Heathers is definitely darker). Makes me think about peer pressure and how it never goes away. Yes in these two movies these pressures are more extreme then in reality, but that is the world of movies.
I went to visit a professor's office hours recently and she was telling me how our school has all these cliques and that if I just ignore the human need/desire to be clique-y and focus on why I am here in law school then I will do fine and everyone who is into cliques and being part of a popular one will be the ones who can't handle the pressure of being a lawyer.
That brought an unbelievable amount of comfort to me for two reasons 1) she was implying/hinting that she thinks I am above the whole clique attitude that she noticed on campus and 2) that this stuff really doesn't matter in the long run. I basically have one good friend in my section and everyone else hates/ignores us. We have friends who aren't in our classes but we only really see them outside of school. As much as I didn't want it to bother me, it used to bother me that the NY girls ignored us (my friend is also from California). My friend really doesn't care and as much as I've been leaning more towards that I can't say I 100% don't care. So my professor's speech was really comforting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home