Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

4.23.2003

I think my confidence has come a long way since hs...my friend Jennifer who I met in 11th grade said I barely looked up and made eye contact (cus that shit freaked me out, I was afraid I'd tell a bad joke and have to see the person's reaction, so instead I kept my head low or focused on the nose), but I still back off when I know I shouldn't. Like today at work, two of us were supposed to work, and when I got there (of course 5 minutes late, why is it sooo hard for me to get places on time, especially in Berkeley where on time is even later than real on time?) there were already two people working. So one of the people already there said "one of you two (meaning me and the other worker) isn't on the list for today," when I was positive that I was on it and working with the other person. But instead of saying that, I offered to go look it up, which required finding a computer, checking my email, and showing her that she was indeed wrong. So after doing all that, it turns out she was wrong, and instead of admitting it she's like "I've waited all week to work, I'm staying!" Grrrr, and spineless me, I did nothing, let her take the easier job, and took the harder, messier one. Why am I so weak?