Ok the last entry got really weird, damn this blogger.com. It had a whole explanation and other pictures under it, but blogger.com decided that it wasn't going to publish or save them, leaving this odd picture up with no words to describe and explain why I put it here. So I shall try again to explain, but its just not going to be the same. I had a window of time where the mood and moment fit, and its long gone. This painting was drawn by Frida Kahlo after her miscarriage. I just think its a unique way to express pain. She drew her paintings for herself, not for someone who paid her to do it, so they are simply her putting her emotions and pain out on the canvas for all to see, and for that she deserves props. That woman went through soooo much in her life, and handled it incredibly well, once again, more props for Frida. There's this painting of hers called The Two Fridas (which was supposed to be here, I'll post it again) which shows two self-portraits that were connected by a string that is now cut. This one hit me, because it was one I could relate to. This is how I see it:
You ever felt torn between yourself and yourself? Like when a guy invites you to his place, and part of you really really really wants to go, where the other part knows that its not the right time for that? Its like that, you are completely torn and you know either way you won't be happy with what you choose, cus part of you will never be happy. So she is disconnecting her two parts so she only sees things one way and will no longer be torn in two, genius, pure genius.
You ever felt torn between yourself and yourself? Like when a guy invites you to his place, and part of you really really really wants to go, where the other part knows that its not the right time for that? Its like that, you are completely torn and you know either way you won't be happy with what you choose, cus part of you will never be happy. So she is disconnecting her two parts so she only sees things one way and will no longer be torn in two, genius, pure genius.
