Today has not been pleasant, not at all. Ok, so I have this internship application that needs to be postmarked by today. One of the profs writing me a recommendation was late on doing it so he express mailed it to me today, and it was guaranteed to arrive by 10:30 am. However, whenever it did arrive I wasn't home to sign for it (I had assumed just someone would need to be home to collect it), so I couldn't receive it today. I tried to go to the UPS store near my house and get it but it was still with the truck. So I have to send it in late. Then I went to the post office to send it and get it certified and guess what the power was out in Berk on Telegraph so the post office was closed and all the stamp machines were unavailable. So I trekked my ass down to Shattuck where guess what? The power was out at the post office and all the stamp machines were unavailable. So I went to Walgreen's to buy stamps. They are closed cus of the power outage. Finally, I got some stamps and put the application in the mail box even though I couldn't certify it. I wrote a note that said the last rec letter is on its way, so hopefully that will be acceptable. What a freaking mess.
3.15.2004
<< Home
