Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

2.29.2004

We all get our glory
A little bit of fame
But there's no truth at the heart of any of it
Just the brilliance and the passion
And the bitterness remains - hole


Laurie brought over this really interesting article from Marie Clare. The magazine took a picture of a size 14 woman in a bikini and without touching it up put it on two different billboards. The first says "I think I'm fat, don't you?" and the second said "I think I'm sexy, don't you?" 55% of people who saw it agreed with the first one, and 66% of people who saw the second agreed with the statement. Which means, we can change people's perceptions of ourselves by making our perspective more optimistic? But do you really think its that simple? And how do you get to the point of saying something optimistic about yourself and believing it?