Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

3.02.2004

Hilton Makes a Splash at the Oscars


Hotel heiress Paris Hilton embarrassed herself spectacularly on Saturday when she gatecrashed a pre-Oscar bash and fell into a pool. The reality TV star waltzed into the Lord Of The Rings pre-Academy Awards dinner at New Line Cinema boss Bob Shaye's hilltop estate in Beverly Hills, California. Hilton screamed, "Oh my God," as she splashed into a Japanese pool carpeted in rose blossoms. After climbing out of the pond, Hilton lamented, "God, I didn't see the pool. Why does he have a pool there? At least I didn't go in the big pool." The sexy socialite - who hit the headlines last year when a video tape of her having sex with former beau Rick Solomon surfaced on the internet - managed to avoid damaging her glitzy outfit, although she did get her Louis Vuitton shoes wet. She was then overheard telling her sister Nicky on the phone, "Guess what? I just fell into a little pond! It's soooo embarrassing." A bemused Shaye was more baffled by Hilton's attendance, saying, "She wasn't even invited."