Well today as I was driving back from Vegas my mom called and asked if it was ok if her boyfriend take me out to dinner. Now this doesn't seem like that horrible of a thing but considering they have been dating for over 2 years and I have seen him twice in that time, this is quite the issue. Part of me wants to have nothing to do with him, and feels that even though he is in my mom's life that doesn't necessarily mean he HAS to be a part of mine. Another part is saying "suck it up, stop acting like a bitch and just be nice to the guy. After all he is your mom's boyfriend whether you like it or not." And yet another part of me is feeling bad for my dad and feeling like contact with Roy is a betrayal (in case its not common knowledge, this is the guy my mom pretty much left my dad for).
So after much deliberation I went to dinner. And god damn, this guy is the most boring guy in the world. So now I look good because I tried to be nice, but seriously, I don't even know how my mom can date him. I mean its not because it was awkward that we didn't talk, its because every topic he brought up led to one answer then nothing because every topic he brought up was soooo boring. Seriously, I've had better conversations about the lint in my pocket. And that is no exaggeration.
Then on the car ride home, I told my mom he was boring and she said "why don't you talk to him about driving?" So I was like "what do you want me to say about driving?" "Well, he likes to plan out different routes to locations on maps and try and find the fastest way." "Ooooooh, there's a good conversation starter." Well, I tried. Now he is here watching CNN. Yet another great conversation starter. "So you watch CNN?" "Yeah." "So, you like it?" "Yeah." "So, uh, yeah." Another winner.
So after much deliberation I went to dinner. And god damn, this guy is the most boring guy in the world. So now I look good because I tried to be nice, but seriously, I don't even know how my mom can date him. I mean its not because it was awkward that we didn't talk, its because every topic he brought up led to one answer then nothing because every topic he brought up was soooo boring. Seriously, I've had better conversations about the lint in my pocket. And that is no exaggeration.
Then on the car ride home, I told my mom he was boring and she said "why don't you talk to him about driving?" So I was like "what do you want me to say about driving?" "Well, he likes to plan out different routes to locations on maps and try and find the fastest way." "Ooooooh, there's a good conversation starter." Well, I tried. Now he is here watching CNN. Yet another great conversation starter. "So you watch CNN?" "Yeah." "So, you like it?" "Yeah." "So, uh, yeah." Another winner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home