Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

11.02.2004

Three Kings -
Archie Gates : What's the most important thing in life?
Troy Barlow : Respect.
Archie Gates : Too dependent on other people.
Conrad Vig : What, love?
Archie Gates : A little Disneyland, isn't it?
Chief Elgin : God's will.
Archie Gates : Close.
Troy Barlow : What is it then?
Archie Gates : Necessity.
Troy Barlow : As in?
Archie Gates : As in people do what is most necessary to them at any given moment.

I sit here and listen to us all make fun of everyone. I mean everyone we know, everyone we see on the street or in a magazine, movie or tv. No one can escape our critism. Are we that insecure that we need to attack others to make us feel better? Why do we do it? Because its what we are thinking when we see these things. We see someone on a magazine and immediately we look for flaws, whether we do this consciously or subconsciously, it happens.

So why do we think these negative thoughts when we see people we know in a new outfit that's different from what we normally wear, random people on the street doing their thing in their own way, or images on a screen or in magazines? With magazines and tv and such perhaps its a good thing, that we don't see them as perfect either. So we mock them in order to show that they aren't perfect. But still that can't be the whole truth.

I feel like out of my close friends, I'm the one who most internalizes these things and turns them onto myself. Well if the girl on the magazine cover has her flaws and has funny looking abs, abnormally long legs, bushy eyebrows, whatever, then I must have a million things wrong with me. I mean that's her after she's been all made up. But seriously, it would be nice to watch a tv show without saying mean things about the people on screen. Without critisizing their outfits or what they say or what they do.

I'm going to work on stopping this negativity. It just can't lead anywhere good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home