"He that falls in love with himself, will have no rivals" - Ben Franklin
Do you listen or wait to speak? It makes me sad how selfish people are and how people sometimes lose sight of what is really important. It's just all around me all the time. Sacrifices I make for others remain unreturned. Simple tasks like holding a door open for someone instead of letting it slam in their face seem to be all but forgotten. Old ladies are not always given bus seats. Sometimes I need to be selfish too, I mean we all can't be selfless all the time, but being selfish all the time isn't too helpful either.
What makes me sadder is that a lot of times this holds me back from being as giving as I want to be. I love doing cute, sappy things for people, and I don't do it because I expect something back, but if these gestures are lost on people who don't deserve or appreciate it, or EXPECT this from other people, then it's not worth it to me. Don't expect from others what you yourself are not willing to give.
Also, to be perfectly honest, I have the selfish desire to change these people, or to make them aware of the way they come off to other people, but I don't really act on this. There is one person who I dish it out to, probably unfairly, but he handles my criticism well. So to you, sorry, I will stop being such a bitch and taking all this out on you when it's not just you. People need to change on their own, I can't force it, so I am working on putting this selfish desire to rest.
One more rant then I'm done. I was just talking to someone today, and I swear every single thing I said they ignored. The person asked me what's up, I answered with a comment about my day, and the response was something about themself that was unrelated to my response. Three more questions by this person, and three more ignored responses from me despite two of these being questions. Ahhhhh, I'm just so frustrated right now!
Do you listen or wait to speak? It makes me sad how selfish people are and how people sometimes lose sight of what is really important. It's just all around me all the time. Sacrifices I make for others remain unreturned. Simple tasks like holding a door open for someone instead of letting it slam in their face seem to be all but forgotten. Old ladies are not always given bus seats. Sometimes I need to be selfish too, I mean we all can't be selfless all the time, but being selfish all the time isn't too helpful either.
What makes me sadder is that a lot of times this holds me back from being as giving as I want to be. I love doing cute, sappy things for people, and I don't do it because I expect something back, but if these gestures are lost on people who don't deserve or appreciate it, or EXPECT this from other people, then it's not worth it to me. Don't expect from others what you yourself are not willing to give.
Also, to be perfectly honest, I have the selfish desire to change these people, or to make them aware of the way they come off to other people, but I don't really act on this. There is one person who I dish it out to, probably unfairly, but he handles my criticism well. So to you, sorry, I will stop being such a bitch and taking all this out on you when it's not just you. People need to change on their own, I can't force it, so I am working on putting this selfish desire to rest.
One more rant then I'm done. I was just talking to someone today, and I swear every single thing I said they ignored. The person asked me what's up, I answered with a comment about my day, and the response was something about themself that was unrelated to my response. Three more questions by this person, and three more ignored responses from me despite two of these being questions. Ahhhhh, I'm just so frustrated right now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home