Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

9.04.2007

I had a really great trip. It was great to see my friend Alex and to get around Atlanta, really beautiful city. Alex lives in Midcity which is right in downtown so we were walking distance to a lot of things. I also got to see Kim, a high school friend who recently moved to Marietta, a suburb of Atlanta. Some of the stuff I saw/did over the past few days:

- Margaret Mitchell house and museum (Gone with the Wind author)
- Braves game - Braves lost 3-2 but I got to do the tomahawk cheer so that was well worth it. Got sunburned in a few random spots where I clearly missed when I was applying sunscreen, so I'll have random tan lines for awhile.
- Centenniel Park
- CNN building
- Dragoncon - for fans of fantasy
- Stone Mountain - climbed the mountain then returned for the laser show they have at night
- Underground mall
- Decatur

At Stone Mountain they have a carving in the side of the mountain of the Confederate Heroes (Stonewall Jackson, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee). Interesting how the Civil War still plays such an important role in Atlantian identity. They had tons of Civil War exhibits that we didn't get a chance to get to, but still interesting.

Where Alex lives in Atlanta is a nice area, I could definitely see myself living there, or Decatur. Decatur reminded me of a cleaner version of the village, and apparently it's the gay part of town. Definitely hope I get a chance to go back to Atlanta in the future.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home