So Bekah Stern is my new idol...she's one of those people i've talked to about five times in my entire life, yet tonight, i had so much respect for her. Her idol is Debbie Friedman, this folk-like singer who is like the singer in that type of music. Bekah is a student here and decided she's going to get Debbie to come to Berkeley and put on a show in Wheeler. So she works for a year and gets it done! Tonight was the show, it was awesome, lots of fun. Bekah got to go up on stage and sing with her idol! That's like Madonna inviting me to come up on stage with her...I just admire her so much for wanting something, going after it, and getting it, despite the struggles, opposition (funding, the fact Debbie is based in NY), and hard work. I just wish I was that dedicated to a cause and could make my dreams a reality like that. I wish there was a cause that I believed in and wanted as much as this.
As Renee Zellweger said in Jerry Maguire "I just want to be inspired..." and seriously its all I want in life...
As Renee Zellweger said in Jerry Maguire "I just want to be inspired..." and seriously its all I want in life...
