Feeling pressure from all directions. Law school is not just school, its a way of life. It's constant reading, reviewing, outlining, attending lectures, office hours, doing assignments, and all sorts of other school related things that I need to be doing all the time. I now see the sacrifices law school entails and am willing to make these sacrifices but people from all directions are making that so difficult.
Since coming to NY I not only gained a new life but a family. My mom has 21 first cousins who all have kids who are generally all located in the NY/NJ area. So everyone wants to meet up with me, meet me for the first time or for the second or third. Which is fine I'm so happy to have family around in a way I never had as a child. But making time for them is hard. Then there's my law school friends, my dad's side of the family, which is also generally in NY, my dad, my friends who aren't in law school, boys and keeping up with those from Berkeley and SCV.
Not that I'm complaining about having people in my life who care, because I am so thankful that I have every one of you in my life, I just sometimes wish people would cut me some slack. It's hard enough being here in law school, don't make me feel bad for trying to pursue what I need/want to pursue.
If I can't talk or hang out because I'm studying, I'm not blowing you off, I'm really studying. I guess I'm looking for a little empathy. Just a little.
Since coming to NY I not only gained a new life but a family. My mom has 21 first cousins who all have kids who are generally all located in the NY/NJ area. So everyone wants to meet up with me, meet me for the first time or for the second or third. Which is fine I'm so happy to have family around in a way I never had as a child. But making time for them is hard. Then there's my law school friends, my dad's side of the family, which is also generally in NY, my dad, my friends who aren't in law school, boys and keeping up with those from Berkeley and SCV.
Not that I'm complaining about having people in my life who care, because I am so thankful that I have every one of you in my life, I just sometimes wish people would cut me some slack. It's hard enough being here in law school, don't make me feel bad for trying to pursue what I need/want to pursue.
If I can't talk or hang out because I'm studying, I'm not blowing you off, I'm really studying. I guess I'm looking for a little empathy. Just a little.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home