Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

10.10.2005

The movie industry is all stressed because this summer they failed to make as much money as they have in the past. The industry is in a slump and nothing lately has been able to pull it out of the slump. Well you know me, being the master of economics I am, I have the solution. Stop paying actors so god damn much. Cameron Diaz does not need $20 mil a movie, I'm sure she can still afford to wash her face with Evian water (because tap water is wayyy too below her) for a million a movie. You cut their salaries and pass the savings on to us (Reagan's trickle-down-theory might actually work in this situation) then more people will see movies and the industry will have more money.

So how did it get to the point where actors get so much freaking money for movies? I think it was a competition thing, a pride thing, a bunch of producers and studio heads who couldn't let go of their egos, and the actors caught in the middle of this ego-trip as to who could afford to pay them more were definitely not complaining. I always used to say we should organize a movie strike, I mean people enjoy movies, but we could live without them temporarily if there was a chance that prices for movies could drop to a decent and affordable amount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home