So inspired right now. Laurie, be warned, this will be too sappy for you. For my internship, which for those who don't know is at Queens Legal Services which provides free legal services to those in need, held a priorities meeting. I didn't want to go, thought it would be soooo boring, but I was required to go, so I did. I get there and there are representatives from NYPD, senators offices, counselpeople's offices, non-profits, etc. all there talking about the problems with the system and how we can fix them.
One person would get up and say "Hi, I'm from a Catholic coalition and we are having problems with people who are evicted and homeless looking for a place to stay or a permanent solution to their problems but we do not have the money or the resources to give them anything more than a temporary solution." Then someone else would get up and go "we do that, here's my card." Just to see real life people helping each other to fix real life problems, well it just reaffirmed my belief in humanity.
One person would get up and say "Hi, I'm from a Catholic coalition and we are having problems with people who are evicted and homeless looking for a place to stay or a permanent solution to their problems but we do not have the money or the resources to give them anything more than a temporary solution." Then someone else would get up and go "we do that, here's my card." Just to see real life people helping each other to fix real life problems, well it just reaffirmed my belief in humanity.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home