Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

1.29.2006

The LA trip was nice. I was worried it would be a bad idea since it was so short. Literally right after I arrived I went out with Michelle and Julia to the Improv to see this guy Aaron Karo, who Michelle still contends is hilarious. Fortunately for her and Aaron, the other comics were funny so I had fun.

The highlight of the trip was seeing Socheata (and the lunch special at Rattler's, that was yum). I hadn't seen her since I visited her in the hospital 2 years ago after she had her little boy Laurant. It's always a bit scary at first to see someone you haven't seen in awhile, there's that fear that they aren't the same, or you aren't the same, or just life has come in and time has washed away whatever bond you had before. But that didn't happen. It was just like old times, even though now our lives are totally different. She is married with a baby, I'm in school and 3,000 miles away from home. Yet we had such a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home