I'm so boring lately, and while I'm in law school I'll continue to be boring. It's just part of the deal that comes with law school. I start my volunteer project on Friday. I'm going to work for Queens Legal Services which provides free legal services to those who can't afford it. They only do civil stuff, like evictions and medicare, not criminal charges like murder. This will be a good opportunity and I'm excited to enter a new environment and not just be stuck with law school kids all the time.
Things are so different here. There really is a Berkeley bubble that I am now outside of. The whole world isn't liberal. Jennifer told me in Berkeley they are protesting Alito's Supreme Court nomination. Here, nothing. I'm sure most law school kids would have chosen him if they had the choice. Law school is conservative. People probably view me as an extreme liberal even though by Berkeley standards I am barely in the moderate range. I've had to explain what the Green party is to at least 3 people. I guess I'm still adjusting to this environment.
Things are so different here. There really is a Berkeley bubble that I am now outside of. The whole world isn't liberal. Jennifer told me in Berkeley they are protesting Alito's Supreme Court nomination. Here, nothing. I'm sure most law school kids would have chosen him if they had the choice. Law school is conservative. People probably view me as an extreme liberal even though by Berkeley standards I am barely in the moderate range. I've had to explain what the Green party is to at least 3 people. I guess I'm still adjusting to this environment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home