Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

5.18.2003


50 Random facts about me:

1) My parents to this day fight over who chose the name Amanda, it was between Amy and Amanda and both claim they were the one who pushed for Amanda. Whoever it was thanks! I don't think I'd make a good Amy.

2) If I was a boy I would have been named Andrew, my room was painted yellow because they didn't want to know my gender ahead of time

3) My favorite book is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Ahhhh, Heathcliff!

4) I can't touch my toes

5) I bought the Spice Girls first cd, there, I said it.

6) The only other country I have been to is Mexico, and there I only went about a mile over the border to Tijuana (which I'm told doesn't count as Mexico)

7) One year and two months ago my parents ended their 28 year marriage.

8) I have two cats, Ginger and Marianne, named after Gilligan's Island characters (not my idea!)

9) I used to have a hamster that was named M.C. Hamster, he was pimp

10) I saw There's Something About Mary four times in theaters

11) I'm not fond of Canadians, especially Canadian women singers like Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Alanis Morrisette, and Avril Lavigne. Their songs make me cringe.

12) I was 16 the first time I got drunk

13) I was 16 the first time I really kissed a guy

14) I no longer like roller coasters, perhaps working 2 summers at a theme park (Magic Mountain) killed the fun of the theme park experience

15) I cry over really petty things (like a fight with my mom or a friend) yet if something serious happens (like at a funeral) the tears will not come.

16) I feel guilty for this.

17) My dream in life used to be to become a Starbuck's regular. To walk into Starbuck's and hear "your usual this morning Amanda?"

18) I hate suburbia, I think it dulls the senses and makes life dull

19) I'm 75% Russian and 25% Polish, a nice slavic mix

20) I repeat many of my stories because I can never remember who I told them to

21) When I was younger people thought I was half hispanic

22) I cry every time I watch Sense and Sensbility

23) Two weeks ago I bought my first bikini, it was the second one I have tried on in my entire life

24) When I was five I wanted to be an archeologist. I used to dig in my backyard for dinosaur bones, I thought I found one, and I made my friend Crissi (even though we haven't been friends since the 4th grade she still remembers this) spend all afternoon digging it up with me. It was just a huge rock.

25) In high school I was scared of eye contact, or of a big group of people staring at me. So one friend used to think it was funny to tell everyone to stare at me when I would walk over during lunch, to see if I noticed. Yeah, I did. It wasn't funny.

26) I don't like spicy food, my tongue can't handle it.

27) When I was a kid my friend Michelle had a power wheels car and I crashed it into a mailbox pole. That has always haunted me. Sorry Michelle, I didn't mean to.

28) I have guilt issues. I really do feel bad about the car.

29) Roseanne is my favorite tv show. Darlene used to be my idol. I have seen every episode yet when its on tv I can't resist.

30) I love short guys.

31) I also love latino and italian guys. I'm weak when it comes to them.

32) I hate that certain boys make me feel weak.

33) I hate feeling weak.

34) I have a double ankle. People think its gross, I think its neat.

35) Cumbersome is my new favorite word. I try to use it as often as possible.

36) Fat-free mayonnaise is disgusting, it makes me sick.

37) I love my sega. Video games should not be about the graphics.

38) I don't like my car (94 Oldsmobile, Cutlass Supreme).

39) I miss my Altima - sorry I totalled you honey, wish I could turn back time.

40) I have too many regrets.

41) I'm making this list because I want to avoid studying

42) I have been planning to make a scrapbook for years. It hasn't happened.

43) I hate waiting for people.

44) Thus, I'm always late, for everything.

45) When I was 10 I went to my mom's work to visit. She is a high school math teacher so for the day I sat in the back of the classroom coloring and doing other such activities. I got bored and started listening to her, and I knew the answer to the question she asked and raised my hand and got it right. Her class applauded me and called me Doogie Hauser (sp?).

46) #45 was embarassing, I feel like such a nerd now

47) I'm obsessed with classic movies, especially romantic comedies. Everything seemed so simple then

48) Dating seems so complicated now.

49) I have never been in a mosh pit, they scare me.

50) Kahlua mudslide is my poison of choice.


had enough of me yet?