mood: want to sleep but can't so am here online
song of the moment: "near you always" - jewel
"your hands are in my hair but my heart is in your teeth"
Ok well I can't remember what movie/tv show I saw this in, but I think it was Sex and the City. They say that in order to psychologically distance yourself from overeating or just eating bad food you need to write a letter in which you break up with food, in which you no longer are co-dependent on food. So here's mine...
Dear Food,
You have destroyed my life (damn I'm harsh). Always tempting me, filling me with false promises, with the idea that you are the answer to everything and that with you I will be safe. Making me want you more and more each day. Damn you! You look so good and are so hard to resist no matter how hard I try. Your scent drives me wild, the mere thought of you will get me to forget what I am doing and to go chase you instead. You have destroyed everything I have worked so hard to achieve. I try to give you up to not need you as I do but I fail everytime. I just can't break away, even though I know its what I need to do. So I'm writing you this letter telling you that its over. That you can no longer satisfy me the way you once did, that your empty promises are merely that: empty. Only this time I won't be running back. When something in life goes bad I won't run to you anymore.
You're a bad habit and I'm kicking you to the curb...
That was kinda fun, but seriously, I need to stop having my life ruled by my stomach and my taste buds...
song of the moment: "near you always" - jewel
"your hands are in my hair but my heart is in your teeth"
Ok well I can't remember what movie/tv show I saw this in, but I think it was Sex and the City. They say that in order to psychologically distance yourself from overeating or just eating bad food you need to write a letter in which you break up with food, in which you no longer are co-dependent on food. So here's mine...
Dear Food,
You have destroyed my life (damn I'm harsh). Always tempting me, filling me with false promises, with the idea that you are the answer to everything and that with you I will be safe. Making me want you more and more each day. Damn you! You look so good and are so hard to resist no matter how hard I try. Your scent drives me wild, the mere thought of you will get me to forget what I am doing and to go chase you instead. You have destroyed everything I have worked so hard to achieve. I try to give you up to not need you as I do but I fail everytime. I just can't break away, even though I know its what I need to do. So I'm writing you this letter telling you that its over. That you can no longer satisfy me the way you once did, that your empty promises are merely that: empty. Only this time I won't be running back. When something in life goes bad I won't run to you anymore.
You're a bad habit and I'm kicking you to the curb...
That was kinda fun, but seriously, I need to stop having my life ruled by my stomach and my taste buds...
