song of the day: "long day" - matchbox twenty
I wish people would give indie/independent/low-budget films the same attention they give action movies and other high-budget movies...
The Shape of Things (Paul Rudd, Rachel Weisz) was a really interesting movie. It attacks the "She's All That" issue of how shallow society is from a more sophisticated, and creepy, point of view. It is playing in very few theaters (it's only playing in one theater in the entire Los Angeles County (Sunset Laemelle for those interested)), but if you are bored and are looking for a more interesting look at our lovely society and how we treat pretty/thin/well-groomed people as opposed to overweight/frumpy people and how that works on a psychological level, check out this flick.
I don't mean to preach, but I think the biggest problem with low budget/indie films is that the general public doesn't even hear about them. So I think that if you have seen a movie that most people don't know exists you should pass on the word...
anyone reading a good book that they can recommend to me? i gave up on the orchid thief...
I wish people would give indie/independent/low-budget films the same attention they give action movies and other high-budget movies...
The Shape of Things (Paul Rudd, Rachel Weisz) was a really interesting movie. It attacks the "She's All That" issue of how shallow society is from a more sophisticated, and creepy, point of view. It is playing in very few theaters (it's only playing in one theater in the entire Los Angeles County (Sunset Laemelle for those interested)), but if you are bored and are looking for a more interesting look at our lovely society and how we treat pretty/thin/well-groomed people as opposed to overweight/frumpy people and how that works on a psychological level, check out this flick.
I don't mean to preach, but I think the biggest problem with low budget/indie films is that the general public doesn't even hear about them. So I think that if you have seen a movie that most people don't know exists you should pass on the word...
anyone reading a good book that they can recommend to me? i gave up on the orchid thief...
