Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

8.05.2004

"and she's so pretty and she's so sure
maybe I'm more clever than a girl like her"

So for those of you who I haven't already told, I recently pierced my tongue. Yes, its true (everyone seems to think I joke about such things). Amanda finally had the balls to follow through with something. And let me just say: I freaking love this thing! The first two days were rough, you literally have to relearn how to eat and speak (I still have a slight lisp, but it's slowly fading, which is why I haven't called anyone to tell them!). It has stopped my from my incessant pen chewing (which I know was gross, but I couldn't stop because it's a subconscious thing) and I've even been eating better cus of it. With the tongue stud I'm so scared of hurting my tongue that I eat more slowly then ever before and since eating is also associated with a slight fear of pain, I eat only when hungry, and not all the time (as before).

It really didn't hurt when they pierced it. They clamp your tongue so you don't really feel more then a pinch. It took like 20 seconds. Most people I tell ask me why I did it, to which I respond the lame "why not?" Do I need a reason? Cus I really don't have one. I've always kind of wanted one but fear of mom (don't tell her!) and fear of the pain held me back. But once I realized I'm living my life and although I love my mom, I have to live my life the way I want, and that the pain would be temporary, I went for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home