Ok so I was walking home from work today when some guy came up to me:
Him: Hi, you're beautiful.
Me: Ummm, thanks. I guess.
Him: What's your name?
Me: Amanda.
Him: I'm Rico
Me (in my head): Suave?
Me (out loud): Nice to meet you.
Him: You speak Spanish?
Me: No.
Him: You're pretty, you have a boyfriend?
Me (blatant lie): Yes.
Him: Ok, nice to meet you.
Then we reach a corner and I walk the direction he doesn't (on purpose).
I always wonder when people ask me if I speak Spanish if they think I'm of some sort of Latin descent or just that I look like I'm such a genius that I'm fluent in all kinds of languages.
Him: Hi, you're beautiful.
Me: Ummm, thanks. I guess.
Him: What's your name?
Me: Amanda.
Him: I'm Rico
Me (in my head): Suave?
Me (out loud): Nice to meet you.
Him: You speak Spanish?
Me: No.
Him: You're pretty, you have a boyfriend?
Me (blatant lie): Yes.
Him: Ok, nice to meet you.
Then we reach a corner and I walk the direction he doesn't (on purpose).
I always wonder when people ask me if I speak Spanish if they think I'm of some sort of Latin descent or just that I look like I'm such a genius that I'm fluent in all kinds of languages.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home