Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

11.24.2004

I was bumming around on imdb.com and checking out quotes from movies I like and such and I ran across this review of the first Bridget Jones movie. It's the only review listed on the main page (I cut some parts out just because it was super long):

This film is really a commentary on those women who mis-manage their lives, become unattractive, untalented, and lament that "all the good ones are taken." Well, 'duh!', they were taken by all the young ladies who actually took care of themselves, developed skills, and are attractive.

Bridget is "30-something", beginning to have visions of growing old without "A MAN", and some day dying alone, being found days later, half-eaten by her dogs. She begins a diary and begins a self-improvement plan. However, she doesn't make much progress and fortunately is found attractive by Colin Firth's character because he "likes her just the way she is." This is a running theme in fantasies of single women everywhere, wanting someone "to love them just the way they are." Unfortunately, in real life few of them are cute and attractive as Bridget is in the film. Hugh Grant is fine as the cad.


What an asshole. Who is he to say how ALL WOMEN are. So according to him, only if a woman caters herself to the image that men want can they find a man and "be successful". But girls like Bridget exist only in movies, and Bridget's real life counterparts aren't lovable and adorable like she is, they are pathetic losers who are ugly. I bet this guy is some unmarried prick living all alone and can't find a woman so instead of blaming himself, he blames the women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home