Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

3.24.2003


If there is one movie you should see before you die its The Pianist. It has ten-times the power and emotion that Schindler's List has. This movie had me in tears, not just a few running down my cheeks, but actually crying. Adrian Brody was excellent...I sound like I've been paid to promote this movie! But seriously, I saw it last night and I can't get it out of my head, the images, the events Brody's character had to live through, it shows what a war can actually do to a society, and we being in America, most of us never living through what Brody's character had to, will never truly understand war's implications on a population. The film takes place in Warsaw, and takes the viewer through the war, from when Germany first attacked, to its takeover of Poland, to its liberation. Not only did he have to survive the German invasion, but the transport to the Warsaw ghettos, as they grew smaller and smaller, the degradation of the human soul, then hiding in fireplaces and attics, being bombed at, shot at, starving, diseases, for a person to survive all that and still be mentally there is miraculous. Seriously, if you have some spare time, and actually want to get your nine bucks worth at the theater see The Pianist. And I hate telling people what they will like or not like, so obviously this movie is just that powerful, that someone who hates critics as much as I do is recommending it so highly...