Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

5.23.2003

mood: nostalgic
caffeine units: too early to determine
song of the day: "respect" - aretha


I wrote this when I was 16:

So you want to know more about me. My name is A J G, I didn't get to choose the name, I just live with it. I love to play soccer, watch movies, and go bowling. Someday I want to be a writer for the L.A. Times. That would be a dream job. You don't have set hours, and while you are writing your opinions, you are expressing them to thousands of people.

My dream in life is to find true happiness. I'm a very pessimistic person, and I long to feel good about my life. I see things the way that they are, and most people don't. People always tell me "be thankful you are not in a third world country starving to death." Well I am thankful that is not my lot in life, but I look at it as I'm not as badly off as that, but I'm not as well off as other people.

My dream man is an honest one. He doesn't have to be charming (although that would be nice), or cute, or even rich, he just has to be honest about everything. If he cheats I want to know. I don't want him to lie about it, then I find out the hard way, and have to confront him, and go through all the pain of being betrayed. I would leave him either way, but one would make it a lot easier. I know that love means understanding, but if its really love, then he shouldn't have cheated in the first place. Every person I know who has let a cheating husband or boyfriend back, has had to deal with the same pain more than once. They don't stop, its like a drug, and I don't want to be a part of that world.

My dream place to visit is Austrailia. I have seen videos and read books about it. The climate there has everything, beaches, deserts, cities, and mountains. I hope to go there on my honeymoon.

I hate fake people. If you have to spend your life hiding who you are, then you have wasted your life. Be yourself, if people don't like you, its not your problem. Those are the people who talk about their friends behind their backs. They are not worthy of you or your time. There will always be someone who will like you, it might not be the "popular crowd" but they will be there for you through thick and thin.

I hate worrying about what people think of me. I try not to let it bother me, but it does. If someone is laughing, I always assume it is about me. I shouldn't care about their opinion. Some people will like you and some won't. No matter what you do, there will always be someone who hates you. If you are nice, they will say you are too nice and that bothers them. There is no way out of it. So as I said before, just be yourself.

Some of my favorite songs are "Northern Star" by Hole, "Hero" by Mariah Carey, and "Do you Think of Me" by Robyn. To me a good song is one that a person can listen to over and over and never get tired of it. Some songs even make me cry each time I hear them. Most songs that make me cry are about loneliness. My one fear in life is that I will end up lonely. I want to spend my life with someone who I adore and who adores me.


scary isn't it?