Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

6.20.2003

song of the day: "fighter" - christina aguilera

"'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter" - CA


Ok, so I was talking to my dear friend Jennifer the other day, and as always I was overanalyzing some small detail of life. So she told me that since we have been friends she has developed my overanalyzing sense and has begun to overthink everything. So since that moment, I have been overanalyzing my overanalyzing nature.

Sometimes I see it as a good thing that I think everything through before I do it. I mean it's good to consider how others will react and to really think about their motives or the consequences of a said action. But sometimes I wish I could turn it off. I wish I could be the one to just relax and not worry about the time or everyone else. Alas, I can't turn it off, but apparently I can turn it on in other people. I asked my roomie Julie about all this and she said that since she has known me she has also developed her analyzing skills. However, she sees it as a good thing, which made me feel better. She said it has made her realize certain things in life that she wouldn't have realized if she hadn't thought about them.

It still would be nice to, for one day, just not overthink things and let it flow. I'm working on it...