Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances. - Maya Angelou

9.16.2005

"I am strong I am able
I spill milk on your table,
Then I cry like a baby
Just to see if you'll save me." - sc

I need a new game plan for life, cus whatever the plan is now its not working. It's sad to say but back in the day I was just too independent to want or need anyone in my life. I just wanted to be left alone, I wanted to do things for myself and not have people help me. Then I reached a day when I wondered if I was even capable of loving someone, of being truly unselfish, of sacrificing a part of me for someone else. And then I opened myself up, let all the sappy things inside me out there into the world, and realized I can love and be loved.

And where does that leave me? A bit more vulnerable than before. A bit stronger from learning from past experiences. A bit less cynical and for the most part much happier. It left me with the ability to adapt to any environment in which I am placed or place myself. But what has left me is the ability to cope with loneliness. Law school is for the most part a lonely existence, at least in comparision to undergrad, there is more studying and classes are pretty much mandatory, so relearning how to be on my own, truly on my own, has been my biggest challenge so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home