Celebrity Encounter
Today I had what I consider the perfect celebrity encounter. When approaching celebrities, especially being someone from so cal, you have to do it right or else it can get ugly. So as my friend Jennifer and I were exiting the movie theater on Sunset (great documentary to check out: Capturing the Friedmans) I noticed Joshua Jackson (Pacey of Dawson's Creek) sitting at a table outside the coffee shop. Jennifer comments "I wish I had a camera." So we went across the street, bought a camera, and returned. We went up and asked him if we could take a picture with him. He said yes, and told us that he was meeting with his boss (the guy who took the pic) and that this made him look good. Then we thanked him and left.
It was perfect because it was handled right. We asked for a picture with him, implying that we knew who he was. This was done calmly, without hysterical screaming/crying (OH MY GOD ITS PACEY!!!!!) or anything else that would cause attention. We took the picture and then politely left and allowed him to return to his life. Ah what a great day! It was such a thrill. It's fun to know I'm still starstruck!
Today I had what I consider the perfect celebrity encounter. When approaching celebrities, especially being someone from so cal, you have to do it right or else it can get ugly. So as my friend Jennifer and I were exiting the movie theater on Sunset (great documentary to check out: Capturing the Friedmans) I noticed Joshua Jackson (Pacey of Dawson's Creek) sitting at a table outside the coffee shop. Jennifer comments "I wish I had a camera." So we went across the street, bought a camera, and returned. We went up and asked him if we could take a picture with him. He said yes, and told us that he was meeting with his boss (the guy who took the pic) and that this made him look good. Then we thanked him and left.
It was perfect because it was handled right. We asked for a picture with him, implying that we knew who he was. This was done calmly, without hysterical screaming/crying (OH MY GOD ITS PACEY!!!!!) or anything else that would cause attention. We took the picture and then politely left and allowed him to return to his life. Ah what a great day! It was such a thrill. It's fun to know I'm still starstruck!
